2016...I'll be back!

Sunday, October 4, 2009




One more reason I love Google! Upon waking up this morning, after my coffee and cake (another thing I love about living in Brasil-cake for breakfast) I saw this in my browser. If google can draw attention to it, then it needs to be discussed, right?

I've known of, from the moment I got off the plane almost 5 months ago, Rio's desire to host the 2016 Olympics. The dozen or so gigantic bright white and green billboards strewn along the highway were certainly not going to go unnoticed by anyone, including me. I, having never had any interest in the Olympics, suddenly took notice. I too began hoping that Rio-my new city, my new home so to speak-would be chosen as the Olympics' new host.

The year 2016 is not even a dot on my radar at the moment, and it is likely that I won't be living here, given that it is 7 years away-and my time here has an expiration date. And yet, even though I won't be a citizen of this great city for much longer I can't help but feel an inkling of the pride displayed below, for a city that captivates me on a daily basis.




Now I can add to my bucket list (yes I really keep one of those) 'Return to Rio for 2016 Olympics'

Congratulations Rio, I'm grateful to have been here to witness your victory!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP