New and Improved

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Pitiful. My dedication to this blog has been nothing short of inadequate. I realize my apprehension to write here is based on two things.

One being, this is not a travel blog. It was simply started to facilitate the purging of feelings, ideas and random insights into my unconventional decision to leave my country and life in pursuit of the unknown. Somewhere along the way I forgot this. I felt obligated to write of great adventures and list the MUST DO's in Rio, but guess what, I'm not a tour guide, nor do I have any desire to be.

My love of writing is selfish, it feeds my soul in a way that few things on this earth do-it clears my head and forces the chaotic ramblings of a silly girl to have structure and purpose. It will win me no awards, no great sums of money, but it helps me find meaning in the trivial and sometimes unexplainable. And that is enough for me. Some meditate, use drugs, I write. It's my escape.

My other concern was for the few people who I knew were reading this. Those invited and those who stumbled upon it unbeknownst to me. When I started writing, I hadn't considered that someone could google my name and stumble upon my little haven of words. I worried that I might offend or bore these visitors. Such a silly concept. But for this reason I chose not to write here because writing for "you" became a chore.

So now I'm taking back MY blog, writing nonsensical thoughts, lyrics to my favorite cheap teeny pop songs, my favorite quotes. Whatever I feel like. It's my place to vent and discuss. If it's read, wonderful. If not, I will write anyway.

So if you are here...welcome! :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP