The Best Is Yet To Come

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I've been told that I should write a blog about the journey I am preparing to embark on, through the transitions of highs and lows of traveling and exploring a new culture, and perhaps a "New Me." I liked the idea of chronicling this journey, but was unsure when the journaling, so to speak, should begin.

Maybe my first entry should have been the day I was laid off from a job I wasn't particularly happy with. Maybe my first entry should have been "Thank God, they let me go". Or maybe my first entry should have been the day I left behind my dog, my apartment, my friends and the city I have been in love with since I can't remember when and said good-bye to a life I settled into, in search of a life I love.

It's been almost 2 months since this whole roller coaster began and only 3 weeks until the "real journey" begins but I thought today would be a good day to start writing, because everyone continues to ask how I am feeling and what is happening.

Today for the first time I can actually begin to answer that question. I am going to see what my life would have been like, had I not followed the rules, with out the obstacles and if I had just said yes to my gut.

I'm going to focus on becoming the best version of me, and enjoy every minute of it. On a more concrete level, I am going to lay around in the sun, volunteer in the favelas, learn Portuguese to the best of my ability and hopefully meet some awesome people and make some memories.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP